Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year, New Goals!!

Hi guys!
I am here to write about a more personal topic with the new year having arrived. Playing sports and attending school often results in time becoming jumbled and it is difficult to fit in everything you want to get done, while still having enough rest. In the passed year of 2014, I finished up my first season of a varsity sport. Considering it was my first semester of high school I found myself becoming stressed and lacking sleep trying to keep up with homework while also preforming well on the court. As the semester was coming to its end, I noticed I was becoming lazy with my work. I had several missing assignments in classes and never made them up. One of my biggest problems was waiting to start my homework until around 9 or 10 P.M. which meant on homework filled nights I was not going to bed until about 1 in the morning. I would then begin my day at about 6 and restart the cycle. This new semester, I would like to manage my time better and procrastinate less. I am now playing varsity basketball which requires more energy from me and ends later at night. I want to keep up my high GPA, achieve my sport goals, while finding the time to sleep.


As some might have noticed, I never mentioned doing personal things or getting to do fun activities like hanging out with friends. Playing sports takes up a load of time during the day leaving you with minimal energy afterwards. I personally have some form of sports 6 days a week. Although it sounds hectic, it is not impossible to find time for the things I want to do. I often have to plan about a week ahead with my friends to set up a hang out time that fits around my school and sports schedule, along with their schedules. I do the best I can to cherish all the time I have with them at break and lunch at school. With everything going on, I sometimes forget the importance of hanging out with my best friends and that everyone needs to take time to spend with those dearest to us. Every spare second I have I try to call up a friend or get rest at home.

I hope this is beneficial to those out there who have a similar schedule to mine and who are also trying to set goals for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment